Table of Contents
Running and cycling both have proven results when it comes to weight loss. Scientifically, both activities have encouraged weight loss in their own styles. Running and cycling are considered aerobic exercises that involve massive bodily movements, increased breath intake, muscle toning, heavy palpitation, calorie burning, etc. Aerobic exercises are short and have a fast effect on your training. Running as compared to cycling is a more intense activity. It’s a higher-impact workout that puts stress on your muscles and joints. But each activity can be performed as per your goals and how you go about performing and achieving them.
In this blog, we will explore the benefits of running, how it helps you to burn fat along with that we will compare the cycling benefits so that you get a clear picture to start off with your weight loss training.
Both running and cycling have been equally beneficial for the health of our hearts. Cardio is the perfect exercise to amplify your heart condition simply by elevating the level of its pumping which results in the circulation of more oxygen in the body. Now running may affect more in the cardio front as your whole body is engaged when you run. It’s better to control the speed of your running if you want to continue as a runner. Daily running would help you achieve your fitness goals if you keep moderation throughout the routine. You can add 4 days of running and 2 days of cycling to your workout regime.
One of the main benefits of running is that it tones and strengthens the overall muscles of your body. Cycling benefits your lower body as it engages your leg muscles while pedalling. Pushing pedals while cycling is a form of resistance training that helps you to build and tone your lower body muscles. It may actively involve the whole body but majorly the lower region gets affected the most, hence the fat-burning process is more prominent in that region. Running, on the other hand, shall help you shed a lot of weight by targeting all your muscles. You sweat while you run, that happens as your muscles are building and your whole body is heated. That way you majorly sweat while running and lose more weight.
As discussed in the above point, running benefits much compared to cycling in terms of weight loss as it involves your whole body. Your major muscles are engaged while running and burn as many calories as you take time out to run. Cycling, on the other hand, involves your lower body which can benefit you to lose weight in moderation. Your weight loss training can involve both running and cycling in alternate circles. You can cycle around by enrolling in cycling classes if running seems difficult to you at some point.
Although the argument favors that running shall reduce weight than cycling, cycling can burn calories just like running but may not be as rigorous as running. It depends upon the time you take out to cycle. Also, cycling is gentle on your body. Many people would prefer cycling over running as people can do cycling for a longer period than running. Running is an intense workout that needs endurance for sustenance. Definitely, calorie burns happen faster in running, cycling can also help you to burn depending upon the time you give it. Start off by cycling for 30-40 mins a day, and increase the duration eventually.
Below are some more parameters measured for each workout separately, so that you can plan your workout schedule accordingly:
- No equipment needed: Simply start running wherever you are, whatever you’re doing. Your body works as the main equipment in this workout that helps you reduce fat.
- Perfect for beginners: Running comes naturally to a human. You don’t need any assistance to work out.
- Burns belly fat quickly: Running is a high-intensity workout that gives quicker results if performed well
- Easy: Running is a workout that can be performed as per your bodily tendency, so it becomes easy for you to adjust your running frequencies.
- Low impact: Cycling puts less strain on your joints, which can benefit people who cannot put much pressure on that area.
- Fun: We may not necessarily mean to say that running is less fun but cycling can be an activity that can take you places if you have good surroundings.
- Equal calorie burns: Just increase the duration of cycling, and see how it burns down calories just like a running workout.
- Develop skills: Out of the topic but cycling is a skill that is learned once and never forgotten. It makes you learn how to control your body and builds balance. Find the nearest cycling classes on FITPASS App and start your cycling journey today.
In the end, each exercise brings an equal number of results. Plan your workout routine in a way that remains easy and productive for you to carry on with it.a