Table of Content
The last decade has changed the way and how much we workout more than anything else. While a gym workout was one of the easily available options earlier, you can attend a yoga class, Pilates classes, CrossFit workouts, MMA training, and many others quite easily.
That’s not all. Activities that we only came to know about in the western countries through internet are now available at centers near you. If you can’t spend a couple of hours in the gym every day, you can now choose to attend Tabata or HIIT workout that burn as many calories and achieve the desired results. Dance is not limited to just restricted to Bollywood-driven moves either; you can choose from Zumba, Break dance, Fitness dance, Freestyle, Dance aerobics, and many more.
Yes, you can attend indoor rock climbing classes in your city and quite easily. It’s affordable as well. Rock climbing benefits the entire body.
- Full-body workout – as you climb and pull yourself up, you will work your calves, quads, and core in addition to strengthening your back and arms. The benefits of rock climbing include a stable body as well
- Increased range of motion – rock climbing improves the range of motion of the joints and therefore, makes you more flexible. Instead of moving in a single direction, rock climbing requires you to move upward and sideways
- Works as cardio and strength training together - climbing increases heart rate and you can burn 500-900 calories in a session making it a great cardio workout. Moreover, pulling yourself up works are bodyweight training
- Improved grip strength – Regular rock climbing will obviously improve your grip strength, which will make you better at the sport and help you lift heavier weights as well
- For everyone – Pilates can be done by everyone irrespective of their age. Moreover, Pilates exercises can be done using bodyweight or equipment available at gyms. Each exercise and stretch, of which are many, is performed with emphasis on muscle control and appropriate breathing technique. The benefits of Pilates can be reaped by performing it for 2-3 times every week
- Challenging – inspired by Yoga, Pilates exercises put you into unstable postures that challenge your body
- Flexibility – Pilates exercises are designed to safely stretch the muscles and extend their range of motion to increase flexibility
- Develops core strength – the core supports the body frame, relaxes the neck & shoulders, and allows the muscles and joints to function properly. The core muscles, which include the pelvic floor, abdomen, and the deep muscles of the back, support the back, and improve posture. And of course, Pilates helps get flat abs
- Makes you lean – performing Pilates exercises regularly changes the body; it strengthens the muscles and makes them lean. It improves muscle tone and thus, the way you move
- Weight loss – Pilates is a full-body workout that helps you lose weight quite effectively, provided you eat well. Add some aerobic exercises in the mix and Pilates becomes a great weight loss activity
- Increased awareness – Pilates, formerly known as Contrology, is not only about physical alignment but the mind and spirit as well. Pilates exercises are supposed to be performed with total concentration and proper breathing techniques, just like Yoga. The body aligns itself with the mind when you perform exercises with total attention
- Cardiovascular health – spinning is a type of cardio workout that is good for cardiovascular health. It can be compared to elliptical training, running, and swimming. However, spinning benefits those who want to indulge in intense cardio without stressing their joints too much
- Works multiple muscles – spinning is a total-body workout that works the core, back, glutes, quads, hamstrings, lower legs, and upper body in some classes that use resistance bands and dumbbells
- Amazing group workout – spinning classes are usually held in groups, which allows you to meet individuals into cardio exercises for various reasons. The trainers create a pumped up atmosphere that allows you to work harder than you would alone. Moreover, it’s easier to make friends in group classes and this friendship works as a support group for you
- Low impact – if you’re recovering from an injury or surgery, spinning is just a great way to get back in the swing of things. Low impact doesn’t mean that it’s not a good workout; it just means that you’ll be less prone to incur any more injuries. You can keep working on your fitness goals
Muay Thai is very different from boxing or kickboxing since it uses 4 sets of limbs instead of 1 or 2, which gives it an edge when it comes to the thrill and excitement factor.
- Strong bones – losing weight becomes more difficult with age as physical activity decreases. Weight gain is followed by diseases like diabetes, which depletes bone quality. It can be prevented by exercising; Muay Thai is a good option because it improves bone density
- Improved hip flexibility – The possibility of having a hip injury and related problems is high when you’re older. Moving your hips by indulging in sports activities reduces this risk. Since Muay Thai is essentially a kickboxing sport, it includes a lot of kicking actions and knees, which improves mobility
- Bodybuilding – Muay Thai involves punching, kicking, and other forms of hard training that can get you ripped. Muay Thai fighters don’t physically resemble bodybuilders but their body in great shape cause the sport is great for losing fat
- Increased core strength – core strength allows you to perform complex physical activities with ease. It toughens muscles around your pelvis, back muscles, and abdominal muscles. Muay Thai requires repetitive and rotational movements in addition to defensive movements, conditioning exercises, strikes, and clinching that make strong cores.
Tabata is a high-intensity training routine that is similar to HIIT. However, the difference between the two is that the breaks in Tabata are shorter than those in HIIT.
- Fat loss – As it turns out, short bouts of high-intensity exercise like Tabata are more effective when it comes to reducing fat. So, go for it instead of long cardio exercises
- Effective – Tabata workouts are short and effective – they can be done in a few minutes, which is perfect for a busy schedule
- Reduced risk of metabolic syndrome – the disorder is a combination of abdominal obesity, high triglyceride levels, high blood sugar, and high blood pressure. High-intensity workouts like Tabata have been studied and found to improve aerobic capacity and reduce or even reverse the risk factors of the syndrome
- Preserves muscle – long cardio sessions lead to muscle deterioration. On the other hand, Tabata benefits the muscles by increasing the testosterone levels. It helps you lose fat instead of muscle
- Keeps you young – type-2 diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease are associated with aging due to mitochondrial dysfunction. Research suggests that high-intensity workouts like Tabata and HIIT trigger the formation of new mitochondria in your cells
Choose from the best gyms & fitness centers in your locality: