Who would want to follow a strict workout and diet regime during Navratri? After all, it is a nine-day festival full of vibrancy, love, laughter, prayer, and a warm get-together of families and relatives. But, you too know that not maintaining a fitness regime would lead to calorie gain inflating your sculpted physique.
Don’t worry! We have seven perfect tips for you to keep a check on your calories and enjoy your Navratri.
- Enjoy the Festival: Instead of stressing over calorie intakes and being fussy about food, drown yourself in the festive mood. Be happy. Stress would only spoil your days and promote fat gain.
- Perform Moderate Workouts: During the festive season, you may not want to hit the gym. And that’s perfectly fine. You can shift from intense workout sessions to 30 minutes of moderate workouts. You can even go for a run or a walk. Just remember to keep yourself active. Don’t binge eat and sleep away.
- Have Green Tea: One of the best antidotes for calorie loss is green tea. Have 2 – 3 cups of green tea during Navratri. Do not add sugar or any sweeteners. Green tea boosts your metabolism and helps in turning fat into energy.
- Drink as Much Water as Possible: Drink about 12 – 14 glasses of water every day. Water is the best cleansing agent that terminates harmful toxins and radicals from your body. Drinking a liter of water can boost your metabolism by up to 24% and it even limits food intake.
- Use small plates: According to psychology, the size of an object changes your visual perception about it. When you use small plates for your meals, you take limited food items that help in portion control, thereby, reducing calorie intake.
- Don’t Rush With Your Food: Don’t eat too fast. Take your time and chew your food properly. There’s no limited time frame within which you will have to finish your meal. Fast eaters are more prone to obesity than those who eat slowly. It is because eating fast results in more calorie intake. So, go slow on consuming your meals.
- Have Sufficient Sleep: Don’t ignore your sleep to enjoy Navratri. A proper eight hours sleep is a must to prevent yourself from weight gain. Many researches have proved that sleep-deprived people are more prone to calorie gain and obesity than those who get a healthy amount of sleep as lack of sleep disrupts hormonal balance in the body.
Now gorge on the puris, halwa, and kheer! Eat anything you want on this festival of nine nights, but in small quantities.
Download the FITPASS app to track your calorie intake on its in-app nutrition and diet solution, FITFEAST. Also, set water alarms and log your meals. Schedule calls or chat with expert nutritionists available round the clock and get the perfect Navratri diet plan.