Diwali is over, and every one of us is going through the same syndrome of post-Diwali blues. But don’t be sad! Kick-start with a healthy detox and refresh your body and mind. Breathe in the fresh air; soak your soul in the uplifting taste of herbal green tea and the energy of a healthy morning run. Fill the anticipation for next year’s Diwali with a wholesome detox plan.
Here are some simple ways you can detox and rejuvenate after Diwali:
- Do light exercises: Low-intensity workouts and freehand exercises are gentle on the joints and perfect to start your post-Diwali workout. They are a good warm up and help burn the excess calories.
- Sleep Better: Get your biological clock right. Disruption of proper sleep slows down metabolism that prevents weight loss. Try getting eight hours of continuous sleep to charge up and rev up your metabolism.
- Drink more water: Have as much water as you can. Water helps keep you hydrated and flushes out the toxins from your body. It is also advised to drink a glass of water half an hour before and half an hour after your meal for better digestion and detoxification.
- Have Green Tea / Black Coffee: Whether you are a tea lover or a coffee connoisseur, both green tea and black coffee are great detoxifying agents that help to cleanse your body. In between breaks or at home, these two beverages refresh and energize you in an instant.
- Get the Benefits of Raw foods: Nothing is better than raw vegetables and fruits with some added herbs for taste. Consuming raw foods provide nutrients directly to the body that strengthen as well as cleanse.
- Have Several Small Meals: Heavy lunch or dinner may make you feel tired very easily. Too much food consumed in less time cannot be digested fast, adding to your calories. This can easily be tackled by switching to numerous small meals throughout the day. It will make you feel lighter and more energized.
- Drink Apple Cider Vinegar & Cinnamon Mix: One other effective way to detox every day is to drink a mix of lukewarm water, apple cider vinegar, and ground cinnamon. While apple cider vinegar helps to prevent weight gain, cinnamon help in the development of lean muscle mass. This mix also keeps your digestive system healthy.
So what if Diwali is over? Revitalize and lift yourself up. Get rid of the blues and gear up for the happy and healthy New Year.
Get all your dietary doubts cleared with FITPASS – your all-in-one fitness solution. Its in-app diet and nutrition solution has an inbuilt calorie tracker that will help you keep a tap on how much you have lost. Furthermore, you can get in touch with expert nutritionists over chat or call 24/7 and receive an excellent dietary solution. Log your meals and set water alarms to maintain a balanced diet altogether.