Sitting on the desk all day at office makes your body stiff and makes you feel inactive.
Stay fresh through the day with these 6 morning yoga poses for you to try out.
1. Surya Namaskar Yoga
Surya Namaskar or 'Sun Salutation' is traditionally practiced to express gratitude to the sun. Incorporating surya namaskar to your daily morning routine will not only help you physically but also mentally. It should ideally be done during sunrise.
- Helps in losing belly fat and unwanted flabs.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Helps regulate menstrual cycle.
- Helps fighting diseases and maintains health.
Note: Do 12 reps in a span of 10-12 minutes
2. Balasana Yoga (Child’s Pose)
- Calms your mind.
- Improves digestion.
- Elongates lower back and relieves neck pain.
- Alleviates stress and anxiety.
Note: Hold the posture for 2-3 minutes and repeat for 5-10 times.
3. Bidalasana Yoga (Cat-Cow Pose)
The Cat-Cow pose is a simple way to stretch and elongate the spine and back muscles.
- Stretches hips and abdomen back.
- Improves posture and balance.
- Relieves stress and calms mind.
- Prevents back pain.
Note : Repeat the pose 5 times or longer.
4. Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
Performing this asana leaves you energized and revitalizes your body. It is one pose you should definitely include in your workout.
- Boosts self-confidence.
- Improves brain function.
- Tones arms and legs.
- Improves blood and lymph circulation.
Note: Hold the position for 5-10 breaths and repeat for 4-5 times.
5. Trikonasana Yoga (Triangle Pose)
This asana engages every part of the body and is extremely beneficial for the people who want to burn belly fat. Its an easy pose and can be practiced by beginners too.
- Improves Digestion.
- Relieves the symptoms of menopause.
- Strengthens the hips, spine, back chest and shoulders.
- Provides stamina and energy.
Note: Stay in position for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat for 4-5 times.
6. Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend Pose)
This is done for a complete back stretch of the body, including the hamstrings.
- Strengthens knees and thighs.
- Improves digestion.
- Stimulate liver and kidney.
- Improves cellular growth.
Note: Hold the position for 10 breaths. Repeat for 4-5 times.
These 6 morning yoga asana are fairly easy to execute and don't take much time. Half an hour in the morning will leave you feeling fresh for the rest of the day.