The grand festival of Durga Puja is here! It is time for new clothes, pandal hopping, feasting, gathering, lots of Instagramming and lots of skips on your workout regime. But, don’t worry. You can still keep yourself fit. Dedicate half an hour every day to yourself and perform these easy exercises listed below to up your glam quotient this festive season.
1. Crunches: Crunches are one of the best exercises to strengthen and tone your core without the help of any gym equipment. All you have to do is lie down on your back with your knees bent, feet on the ground and hands behind your head. Holding that position, lift your upper torso off the floor. You can also try its different variations like twist crunches, side crunches, reverse crunches and vertical leg crunches.
2. Planks: A very common exercise and favorites of many, the plank exercise works wonders for your abdomen, hip, and lower back muscles. Support your body with your elbow and toes on the ground. Your neck should be in straight alignment with your spine. Contract your knees and hold that position for 30 seconds. Repeat the same three times.
3. Lunge Twist: Lunge is an interesting exercise that has an elegant posture and gives you toned thighs, abs and glutes. You can do it with or without dumbbells. To perform a lunge twist, stand straight and with a big step move one foot forward. Keeping your back straight bend down so that your front knee creates a ninety-degree angle and your hands are raised straight above your shoulders. Now, bend your upper torso to the side. Go back to the initial position and repeat with the other leg.
4. Run, Jump, Cycle or Swim: Nothing can be better than cardio or HIIT if you want to lose weight in less time. Just get up every morning and run the miles, jump rope or cycle. These are the easiest ways to get or be in shape, increase stamina and strengthen your muscles. If you have a pool nearby, jump in and swim. Sweat all those calories out in no time!
5. Burpees: Perform burpees to get a whole body workout this Durga Puja. Part of strength training and aerobics workout, burpees is performed in four steps. Stand up straight and get in a squat position with your hands on the ground. Now, jump and push back your leg straight to form a plank. Return to the squat position and jump upwards to finish it with the initial position of standing again.
6. Double Jumps: If you have been doing squats for some time now, it is time to challenge yourself with a double jump. A mix of squats and lunges, it tones your abs, thighs, glutes and back, and improves posture. Start with a squat. Jump and bring one foot forward so that you descend in a lunge. Jump back to a squat and repeat with the other leg.
7. Mountain Climbers: Want killer abs, arms, legs and back this Durga Puja? Perform mountain climbers. Get in the plank position. Now, bend one leg at the knee and bring it close to your abdomen. Repeat the same with the other leg and start doing it faster. As you gain momentum, you will feel the flexing of the muscles and gush of blood to every muscle in your body. Maintain a straight alignment throughout.
No equipment, sheer efficiency. Lose weight, gain confidence and enjoy Durga Puja to the fullest.
Download FITPASS to have a thorough guide to these exercises and more. Its in-app FITCOACH is an A.I. led fitness coaching program that is going to assist you to perfect all your workouts with its highly curated videos.