In the current COVID scenario, the word ‘positive’ itself has become synonymous with negative emotions of fear and frustration. A positive RTPCR test is enough to shatter an individual. However, by taking necessary precautions and steps to boost our immunity we can win over the fatal pandemic.
According to a plethora of recent studies that were conducted across different continents, food plays a vital role in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19, as a variety of vegetables and foods offer a wide spectrum of micro-nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that safeguard us against viral infections.
A well-balanced diet plan not only enhances innate immunity but also improves the body’s ability to ward off infections. That is not all. Good nutrition is also necessary for healthy and glowing skin. Physicians and nutritionists emphasize the role of nutritious food in the prevention of diabetes and several other ailments.
With so many restrictions in place, getting together in a favorite food joint for snacks or dinner seems to be a thing of the past. Restaurants bear a deserted look, and a good deal of food joints have been forced to down their shutters forever because of the onslaught of COVID-19. Pandemic has disrupted many businesses, and the hotel industry is just one of them.
It is an interesting paradox that the current pandemic itself has taught us several ways to stay healthy, and eating home-cooked food is just one of these. Since most of the eateries, restaurants, and food joints were not operating during the extended periods of lockdown, home-cooked food was the only option for all of us.
Suddenly, men have discovered their culinary skills and are spending quality time in the kitchen. Women could get time to try out new recipes and exploring novel ways to make homely food more appealing by tweaking traditional methods of cooking.
There is no dearth of easy-to-cook recipes and diet plan recommendations by experts on social media platforms. Pandemic has helped many of us get over our mageirocophobia or fear of cooking in simple words.
Pandemic has made us more conscious about our food choices and eating habits. The emergence of resourceful blogs, video channels, and online personal nutrition assistance such as FITFEAST by FITPASS further helped us access good nutrition tips and develop healthy eating habits. Thanks to the technology, these personal nutritionists are easily accessible through apps that offer tailor-made diets, personal chats, and much more.
During the pandemic outbreak, one must focus on staying healthy by eating nutritious food and by following an exercise routine. A healthy lifestyle will not only improve your mental status but will also enhance your body’s natural defenses.
- Say no to processed or ready-to-cook foods- Eating ready-to-cook food must not become a routine. This option would be okay if you are running short of time or there is some emergency. Processed food does not offer any significant health benefits, as these contain artificial ingredients such as coloring agents and preservatives.
- Make your kitchen an innovation center- Innovative recipes and new ideas should be tried out to add charm to the otherwise mundane activity of cooking. Use your imagination and get help from online classes for cooking out-of-the-box recipes. You can even try dishes you enjoyed while dining out with family and friends.
- Get tips from your mom or mom-in-law - This is the right time to go back to basics, and your mother or mother-in-law will be extremely happy to help you in this endeavor. Learn the magic of herbs and the secrets of traditional spices from your grandmother.
- Make fitness part of your daily routine- It is essential to at least devote thirty minutes of exercise to your day-to-day schedule. If you don't feel much motivated, you can enroll yourself in online fitness plans like FITCOACH, which gives you personalised video-based fitness routine suited to your goals by revolutionary AI-enabled coach Aria which adapts and updates based on your needs and performance.
- Learn the art of mindful eating- Never consider eating your meals as some sort of mandatory routine. Eating should be a source of gratification for your body and mind. Involve all your senses while eating and avoid watching TV or reading as it diverts your focus from what you eat and how much you eat.
It is perfectly normal to lose track of a healthy diet, as everyone is so much stressed. But thanks to FITFEAST by FITPASS - you can get dedicated diet and nutrition assistance to achieve your fitness goals through a customized diet plan and real-time consultation with your nutrition expert from the comfort of your home.