Table of Content
With the monsoon fast approaching, it is time for you to know the top foods to keep up the immunity. The last year of the pandemic and the deadly virus killing millions have brought much health awareness among people. One important health awareness is to boost immunity as only those with an excellent immunity system did not get infected or recovered from it fast. Hence check out the top foods to keep up the immunity during the monsoon.
The rainy season is the time for the viruses and bacteria to spread easily with water and hence the time to keep the immunity system strong. And many want to know how to boost immunity? It is only by eating an immunity-boosting diet rich in vitamins, proteins, antioxidants, omega acids, and minerals. Also, it is important to do regular workouts to immunity-boosting that will improve your immune system during the rainy season.
- Being extra careful to not only wash the hands before eating but also thoroughly wash the vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, and all edible items.
- Eat mostly home-cooked food and avoid taking unhygienic outside food as there are more chances of contamination by water during the rainy season.
- Eating vitamin C-rich fruits and exposing the body to the sun will enable the sunshine vitamin D to increase the calcium production in the body to be active.
- Avoid eating spicy or oily foods that are hard to digest as there is not much activity during the monsoon that also dampens the immunity and digestive system.
- Keep the home, office, and surroundings hygiene using the best disinfectants, especially in the washroom and toilets, and keep them dry to avoid any infection.
The following are the foods to eat or avoid during monsoon to stay healthy with an improved immunity system.
- Eat vitamin C-rich foods like lemon, orange, broccoli, leafy greens, tomato, Brussels sprouts, red and green bell peppers to enhance the immune system in twenty different ways like enhancing the phagocytes or killer cells to fight invaders and also for increasing the cellular immune response along with immune-boosting lymphocytes.
- Since it is hard to get sunshine vitamin D because of the clouds, eating foods rich in it like egg yolks, dairy products, fatty fish, mushrooms, and others will boost the immune system by an innate and adaptive immune response.
- Eating omega-3 fatty acids rich foods like flaxseed, fatty fish, walnuts, chia seeds, plant oils will enhance the white blood cells to fight harmful bacteria and viruses and speed recovery of infection by reducing the inflammation fast.
- Eat protein-rich foods like lean meat, soy, dairy products, lentils, legumes, nuts, whole grains, and seeds increase the production of immune cells like lymphocytes, cytokines, and phagocytes to fight invaders and arginine, a type of amino acid to enhance cellular immune response.
- Eating colored foods like carrot, beetroot, and many others will give antioxidants to the body to improve the immune system.
- And the foods to avoid during monsoon are salty foods that will keep water in the body and increase blood pressure. Also, it is important to avoid any oily or spicy or any hard food to digest as there will be minimum physical activity during monsoon season.
Any exercise that will increase physical activity is good to keep the immunity strong in monsoon. To know more, you can register with the FITPASS app for its various services. Many during the lockdown have taken help from fitness apps available in App Store or in Google Play for health tips and exercises to be fit and healthy like FITPASS-TV, FITCOACH, and FITFEAST.