Have you been ignoring eggs till now for some weird reason? Then you should probably start including it in your diet today! It’s cheap, it’s tasty, and it’s healthy. Whether to build muscles or lose weight, egg is one food item that you can eat every day. High on several nutrients, every part of an egg contains a plethora of health benefits. Want proof? Read on:
What nutrients do eggs have exactly?
Vitamins, minerals, protein, and healthy fat: you name it, and eggs got it. Eggs contain cobalamin which is a good source of Vitamin B12, riboflavin that provides Vitamin B2, and pantothenic acid which gives you Vitamin B5.
The egg white is rich in protein, but the yolk consists of other nutrients like vitamins D, E and K, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, and folate. With almost 15.4 micrograms of selenium, an egg has the power to strengthen your immunity and protect your DNA from damage.
Moreover, the egg yolk has choline – a not-so-popular nutrient that is often categorized with Vitamin B-complex. Managing some of the major enzymes in our body, choline helps us to prevent neurological and cardiac troubles.
How do Eggs benefit us?
- Promotes Weight Loss: Eggs contain high proteins and are very filling. That’s why you should include eggs in your breakfast. Keeping you full for most of the day, it will automatically reduce your hunger and cravings, thereby leading to minimum calorie intake, promoting weight loss.
- Boosts Workout Efficiency: Synthesize and maintain your lean muscles with a dose of eggs daily. Its protein content will increase your stamina and is going to make you stronger and more resilient. Hit the gym, endure the pain, perfect your workouts, and attain your fitness goal in a jiffy.
- Manages your cholesterol: High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is colloquially known as the good cholesterol. It is because HDL reduces probable risks of cardiac problems and stroke. Having two eggs a day can help manage your cholesterol, increase HDL in the body, and save you from heart diseases.
- Protects Your Eyes: Eggs contain two powerful antioxidants, namely, lutein and zeaxanthin, that accumulate in the retina and help prevent cataract and macular degeneration. The high content of Vitamin A in eggs also saves people from several other eye problems.
- Strengthens Bones and Keratin: Because of the presence of Vitamin D, eggs help in increased absorption of calcium that strengthens your bones. Its high content of amino acids maintains nail and hair health as well.
- More Energy: With a rich amount of Vitamin B complex in eggs like Vitamin B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12, it is a known fact that eggs will give you the energy to survive your work schedule. Having eggs every day will get rid of the fatigue you have been feeling every afternoon.
One of the simplest and most delicious food items in the world, eggs, can be had whenever and however you want – whether for breakfast, lunch, supper or dinner; poached, baked or scrambled. Include eggs in your diet plan today to gain all its benefits.
For more such information on healthy food items that you should include in your diet, download FITPASS. Its in-app diet and nutrition solution (FITFEAST) allows you to consult and chat with expert nutritionists available round the clock. Moreover, you can even track your calorie intake in a day, log your meals, and set water alarms.