Mystic Light aims to bring Hatha Yoga back to its original essence for physical, mental and spiritual well being.
Their practice includes:
- Asana (Yoga postures)
- Pranayama (Breathing and Energy-Control Techniques)
- Stretching and Warm Ups
- Yogic Meditation Techniques
Their primary emphases are:
- Safety and correct alignment
- Being relaxed at all times, even during the midst of effort
- Working directly with the body’s subtle energy via the yoga postures
- Using the postures to raise your consciousness
- Adaptation – modifying each yoga posture to fit the needs and abilities of the practitioner rather than trying to force the practitioner into some "ideal" position.
What Makes Them Unique?
- Energization Exercises
The Energization Exercises are a series of 39 special energy-control techniques that Yogananda developed in order to help the practitioner increase, focus, and control the life-force.
Each yoga posture is paired with its own affirmation, which one practices silently while in the posture. The affirmation is designed to reinforce the posture’s natural effect on one's state of consciousness, bringing the mind actively and directly into one's practice.